Roasted Cauliflower Garlic Soup
- 2 bags Taylor Farms Cauliflower Pearls
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tsp fresh minced thyme
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 small head of roasted garlic
- 3 cups almond milk
- 5-6 slices sourdough bread, cubed into pieces
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 205 degrees C. Slice off the top of the garlic head (not the root end). Drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and sprinkle on a pinch of salt and pepper. Wrap the whole garlic head in foil and put in the oven.
- Add the cauliflower, onion, thyme, oil, salt and pepper to a sheet pan. Toss until everything is coated evenly. Roast for 25-30 minutes until cauliflower is lightly golden and soft. Check the garlic at this point. You know it’s ready when you can easily stick a knife through the bulbs and garlic is soft. If garlic head is larger, it may take more time to cook.
- Meanwhile make the parmesan croutons. Add the cubed bread to a small sheet pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place in the oven for 6-8 minutes until golden brown. As soon as they come out of the oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and let cool.
- Add cooked cauliflower mixture to a blender. Squeeze the roasted garlic bulbs into the blender and add the almond milk. Leave space for the heat to escape and blend until smooth. About 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a pot and heat over low until ready to eat! Garnish with parmesan croutons, a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh cracked pepper.
*Roasted garlic can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*This recipe can also be blended in a large pot with an immersion blender.
This recipe originally appeared on life is but a dish.