HEALTHY SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP WITH SOUTHWEST SALAD
For Southwest Salad
- Taylor Farms Southwest Chopped Salad
- Avocados, diced
For Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Taylor Farms Kale & Spinach
- 450 g skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 capsicum, any color, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag frozen corn kernels
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp chili Powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (or to taste)
- 1-2 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Avocados, sliced
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Crunchy tortilla strips
- lime wedges
- To make the soup, add all soup ingredients to the slow cooker EXCEPT the greens and lime juice. Stir to mix, heat on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove chicken and shred with a fork, then return to the crock pot, along with the greens and lime juice. Stir and allow to cook for about 5 more minutes, until greens are wilted but still bright green.
- Prepare southwest salad according to instructions, top with diced avocados.
- Serve soup in bowls topped with avocados, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, lime wedges and if desired coriander.
- Serve southwest chopped salad alongside soup.
Recipe courtesy of Fox and Briar.