Butternut Squash Chili with Cauliflower Pearls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 450 g lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green pepper, chopped with seeds removed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- Optional: avocado for topping
- For the cauliflower pearls:
- 1 bag Taylor Farms Cauliflower Pearls
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Optional: pinch of chili flakes
- Heat olive oil in a pan and then add garlic and onion, stirring for about 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Next, add the turkey meat and stir until no longer pink; then, add the spices along with the chopped green pepper and stir for an additional 3 minutes or so.
- Next, add the canned tomatoes and tomato paste and stir until everything is combined.
- Last, add the water and chopped butternut squash; reduce heat to a simmer, place lid over the skillet and cook chili until squash is soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the chili has been cooking for 15 minutes, cook the cauliflower pearls by following the cooking instructions on the package. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then add garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant and golden in color. Pour cooked garlic and oil into cooked cauliflower and stir to combine, which will give the cauliflower a garlicky flavor.
- Pour the garlicky cauliflower into bowls, top it with the chili and an avocado and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of The Almond Eater.