Asian Chopped Salad With Pan-seared Sesame Tofu
- 1 bag Taylor Farms Asian Chopped Salad
- 200 g. extra firm tofu (half a block of tofu)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. Ume plum vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1-2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- Slice tofu into ½-inch thick slabs, cutting each slab lengthwise into smaller strips the size of your preference. Lay flat on a large plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, ume plum vinegar, and fresh grated ginger. Pour marinade over tofu strips, coating evenly. Let set for five minutes, then flip and give them a good soak on the other side. Let rest for another 3-5 minutes.
- Heat a large cast-iron or non-stick frying pan over medium flame with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Add 2 tablespoons chopped green onion, and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until beginning to crisp and brown. Add tofu strips in a single layer and sprinkle with ½ tablespoon black sesame seeds. Pour in remaining marinade. Sear tofu for 2-3 minutes on each side, sprinkling with additional black sesame seeds once you flip, until a crisp layer forms. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare and dress salad according to instructions, and top with sesame seared tofu.
Recipe originally appeared on Kale & Caramel