ASIAN CHOPPED SALAD WITH GRILLED TERIYAKI KEBABS
- 1 pack extra firm tofu (drained, patted dry and cut into cubes) or 2–3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks (or another protein of choice)
- 1 cup teriyaki glaze, divided (store-bought or homemade recipe below*)
- 3 cups mixed veggies of choice (I used 1 courgette, 1 cup grape tomatoes, ½ large red onion, cut into chunks)
- 2 bags Taylor Farms Asian Chopped Salad Kit
- 8 - 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15–20 minutes
- Reserve ⅓ cup teriyaki glaze for later. Place remaining glaze into a container or baggie, along with the tofu or chicken. Let marinate at least 30 minutes to overnight, flipping halfway to ensure even marinating .
- Preheat grill to medium–high and lightly oil grate. Thread veggies and marinated tofu/chicken on the soaked skewers. Place skewers onto the grill and cook for a few minutes each side. Baste with reserved ⅓ cup of glaze. (If cooking chicken make sure chicken is fully cooked on the inside) Remove from heat.
- Place contents of salad kit onto a large platter and top with crunchy toppings. Top salad with skewers and serve with the Asian style dressing from the kit.
*Teriyaki Glaze: Mix together ½ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari (get gluten-free soy sauce, if needed), 2–4 tablespoons honey or coconut sugar (to taste), ¼ cup water, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon minced garlic. Take out ⅓ cup marinade and reserve for glaze. Pour the remaining marinade into a baggie/container with tofu or chicken. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight. Flip halfway through for even marinating.
Combine the reserved ⅓ cup marinade with 1 teaspoon cornstarch and heat in the microwave or in a small saucepan until thickened (a few minutes. must come to a boil in order to thicken using cornstarch)